Interesting Facts & Statistics
- Milwaukee covers a total area of 96.80 square miles, with 96.12 square miles being covered by land, and 0.68 square miles being covered by water.
- Milwaukee consists of 44.8% Whites, 40% African Americans, 3.5% Asian Americans, and 11.7% other races
- Major corporations headquartered in Milwaukee include Harley-Davidson, Northwestern Mutual, Rockwell Automation, and other notable companies.
- Milwaukee public schools serve 89,912 students in grades K-12, at 323 schools, with 11,100 teachers.
- Milwaukee is nicknamed “Cream City” and “Beer City”
Current Events & Attractions in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Public Museum and the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- Discovery World and the Milwaukee County Zoo
- The Harley-Davidson Museum
- Milwaukee has More Than 140 Parks that Span 15,000 acres
- Cathedral Park ” Jazz in the Park” on Thursday Nights
- Pere Marquette Park “River Rhythms on Wednesday Nights
- Milwaukee has More Than 65 Miles of Trails and Bicycle Lanes
- Wisconsin State Fair
- Summerfest-The World’s Largest Music Festival
- Home of the NBA Milwaukee Bucks
Milwaukee Community Statistics
- Milwaukee has a population of 1,543,802, with 604,293 households
- The population density in Milwaukee is 6,235 people per square mile.
- 52.6% of residents in Milwaukee are childless, whereas 47.4% have children that are 18 and under
- There are 36% renters in Milwaukee, compared to 64% of those who own their homes.
- Rental vacancy rates in Milwaukee are 6%.
- The median age is 37.6 years old
- The City of Milwaukee employs 2,577 law enforcement officials to keep their citizens safe.
- Median household income is $54,127 in Milwaukee, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $28,506 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in Milwaukee is $204,300
- 22.5% of all housing in Milwaukee is valued at $300,000 or more
- 88% of Milwaukee residents have a high school diploma, and 30% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
Milwaukee Rental Statistics
- In 2014, the average monthly rent amount in Milwaukee was $737 per month for a single family home, and $643 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
- 20% of Milwaukee residents pay 30% or more of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 36% of Milwaukee residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 2.66 people, compared to 2.22 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in Milwaukee is 0.4%.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.