If you’re trying to figure out methods to easily improve your Brookfield rental property, changing and upgrading your lighting is a really good place to begin. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more fascinating and attractive to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and can be to your advantage in keeping your rates competitive. This blog post will point out specific lights you have to install in your rental property and why they are relevant. We’ll, on top of everything else, give proven tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
When you’re lighting your rental property, you should install three major types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with wide-ranging illumination. This category of light is relevant for making a space feel comfortable and simply appealing. It’s, more importantly, great for safety to help prevent trips and falls. You can set up ambient lighting in your rental property by adding ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is added to light up specific room areas where people work. This kind of light is integral for creating a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can effectively use task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is often used to highlight specific features of a room or to create a certain atmosphere. This set of lights can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can enjoy accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When picking out lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s salient to particularly choose fixtures that are quite durable and pretty easy to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance trouble-free over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Select fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Get fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: See to it to get bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have considerable gains for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Putting together new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: New lighting can certainly make your rental property attractive and a draw-in for potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Properly upgrading your lighting can be to your benefit in keeping your rental rates competitive.
Incorporating new lighting in your rental property can be a great way to easily enhance the look and feel of your space. It can similarly help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By taking advantage of the words of advice in this blog post, you can very easily choose the ideal fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises a good deal of important questions. If you’d need some expert advice on upgrades that will yield you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Brookfield property managers. You can call 262-309-6961 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.